Everyone wants that beautiful smile, and we provide a variety of cosmetic dentistry services and care to help you achieve it. With so many various dental cosmetic procedures to choose from, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. We work carefully with each patient at Brite Smiles Dentistry in Flower Mound, Texas, to understand their goals and how to attain them. Dental veneers are cosmetic surgery that practically any patient can gain benefits from the results. If you are interested in veneers, do not hesitate to give us a call. We are more than happy to talk through all your questions and concerns with you.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin sheets of porcelain bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth to produce a completely new smile. They are manufactured specifically for your teeth so that they will match the architecture of each tooth. Veneers are a permanent solution, so it is essential to make your decision before beginning the process. However, veneers can change many different aspects of your smile. The main reason people get veneers is to change the following characteristics:
- Gaps in your teeth
- Lengthen your teeth
- Correcting chips
- Create a straighter smile
- Help improve discoloration and stains by changing the shade of your smile
What is the Process?
A consultation with the dentist is the first step in the veneer’s process. You will discuss all qualities of your smile that you want to modify and the overall appearance and shade of your new smile you want to change to with the dentist. To make room for the veneers, minimal buffing and shaving down of your enamel will be done. Minimal buffing and shaving are done to give your mouth enough space to hold the veneers. Impressions will be taken and sent to a dental laboratory with the specific adjustments and desired measurements to aid the dentist in making your veneers.
The veneers will be placed and cemented onto your teeth using dental cement and a blue curing light on the second session. While you may feel some sensitivity in your mouth, the procedure is painless, and can be used immediately after being placed. Because they will seem and operate like natural teeth, it’s critical to practice good dental hygiene and keep up with your bi-annual exams.
Benefits of Veneers
- Veneers give you a natural tooth adjustment. Your teeth will look brand new! Natural-looking teeth can happen even without a surgical procedure.
- Veneers are made of porcelain. This material works well with normal tissue in your mouth, helping you avoid intolerance. Porcelain is also a durable material that can withstand regular chewing and use of your teeth.
- Porcelain is also stain-resistant, so your teeth will remain naturally white. Yet, remember to brush your teeth twice a day because the surrounding area of the tooth is not stain-resistant or decay-resistant.
- Veneers do not require the same amount of time to be built and placed in your mouth as crowns and bridges, yet veneers are often more substantial than other dental work.
If you are looking for the perfect white smile or just a tiny boost in confidence, please come into our office today in Flower Mound, Texas. Brite Smiles Dentistry is here to help you with any cosmetic needs you may have, but especially with the application of veneers. Dr. Salguti has the highest education and training and is more than willing to walk you through each procedure and make you feel comfortable. Come into our office today for a consultation, or give us a call with any concerns you may have.