Periodontal Treatment in Flower Mound, TX
While many people know all about dentistry and its focus on teeth, not many are familiar with periodontology and its emphasis on caring for your gums and jawbone. Periodontal disease results from poor oral hygiene and can lead to bleeding gums, bad breath, and tooth and bone loss. It is preventable with good dental habits. However, if you have gum disease, Brite Smiles Dentistry recommends periodontal treatment in Flower Mound to prevent further damage and decay.
What Is Periodontal Treatment?
Periodontal diseases such as gingivitis can negatively affect gums and teeth, and forms of advanced periodontitis can even lead to the loss of your teeth.
But with the right kind of help, you can save your teeth and gums and continue living a full and happy life with natural and functional teeth.
Periodontal treatments involve deep cleaning or scaling below the gumline to remove unwanted plaque and tartar buildup. This cleaning is much deeper than a regular teeth cleaning session and typically consists of cleaning a quadrant of your mouth at a time. Depending on the level at which the disease is occurring, we may administer a local anesthetic to ensure your comfort during treatment.
Periodontal treatment can decrease gum recession, improve the general health of your gum tissue, and prevent bone loss or further loss of bone in your jaw.
How To Prevent Gum Disease
A great way to keep periodontal disease at bay is to dedicate time daily for brushing and flossing your teeth and have regular checkups with your dental hygienist to catch signs of periodontal problems.
The Benefits of Periodontal Treatment
Here are some of the benefits of periodontal treatment and how it can improve oral health.
- Prevent Tooth Loss: Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss in adults. If not treated promptly, it can deteriorate the gum tissue and bone structure that supports your teeth, leading to tooth loss. However, early detection and treatment can effectively prevent tooth loss.
- Improved Appearance: Periodontal disease can cause your gums to recede, resulting in the appearance of longer teeth that are unattractive. Moreover, it can cause bad breath, an unpleasant taste in your mouth, and persistent bleeding and inflammation of the gums. Periodontal treatment helps prevent tooth loss and restore the natural appearance of your teeth and gums, ensuring fresher breath and a brighter smile.
- Prevent Health Complications: Research has found that gum disease can increase the risk for other health issues such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and respiratory problems. Uncontrolled gum disease can cause inflammation, and the bacteria can spread to other vital organs via your bloodstream. Periodontal treatment can help lower the risk of developing these health complications and aid in maintaining your overall health.
- Saves Money: Treating gum disease early is more affordable than undergoing costly restorative dental procedures or surgeries. Periodontal treatment on earlier stages, such as gingivitis, is more straightforward and requires fewer invasive procedures, thus saving you from massive out-of-pocket expenses.
- Boost Self-Confidence: You can smile more confidently when you have healthy gums. Gum disease can cause discomfort and insecurity, leading to low self-esteem. Periodontal treatment can help restore your self-assurance, letting you showcase your beautiful and healthy smile.
Periodontal Treatment in Flower Mound
Periodontal treatment is a crucial component of maintaining optimal oral health. It not only prevents tooth loss but can improve the appearance of your smile, prevent health complications, and save you money in the long run. Thanks to advancements in dental technology, periodontal treatment procedures are less invasive and more effective than ever, ensuring that your trip to the dentist is pain-free and comfortable.
Don’t let gum disease steal your smile. If you need periodontal treatment, please call our office today or schedule an appointment online. Let Dr. Deepika Salguti and her team help you achieve healthy and beautiful teeth that will last a lifetime. In addition to periodontal treatment, our services include cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, and Invisalign in Flower Mound, Texas.