Broken or missing teeth may severely impact your self-confidence. We frequently greet people when we interact with them by smiling. However, if you’re concerned about flashing your smile, it can be challenging to pull this off. Our staff at Brite Smiles Dentistry can assist if you live in Flower Mound, Texas, and need to restore any teeth harmed by decay or an accident. Look no further if you require Flower Mound dental Crowns.
What is a Dental Crown?
Because they cover or “cap” a broken tooth, dental crowns are commonly known as “tooth caps.” We frequently use crowns to replace missing teeth or to fix damaged ones. Dental crowns look just like natural teeth. They are made of materials like porcelain and give your smile a subtle, lifelike enhancement. A dental crown can strengthen your teeth without compromising their appearance or your self-confidence. Furthermore, this long-lasting alternative can last up to 15 years with reasonable care and routine dental exams.
How do I Know if I Need a Dental Crown?
Even though they are used to repair damaged or broken teeth, dental fillings and crowns serve different purposes. We utilize fillings to “fill” cavities left by decay in the tooth. Because of one of the following, a full-coverage dental crown may be required rather than patching up minor areas.
- Following a Root Canal: A tooth is no longer vital after receiving root canal therapy. Due to regular use, the enamel can become fragile and brittle. A tooth with a root canal can function normally for many more years if we place a dental crown over it.
- Significant Decay or Fractures: You need enough tooth structure to maintain a restoration in place to fill a tooth. It would be preferable to cover the tooth rather than fill it if a cavity or fracture was so severe that a filling would easily fall out or break the tooth off. Dental crowns cover all surfaces above the gum line, allowing you to bite and chew normally.
- Cosmetic Reasons: We use a dental crown as a cosmetic solution for cracked, misshapen, or discolored teeth. Significant chips and cracks might adversely harm the stability of a whole tooth. We can restore the strength of the broken tooth with crowns. Your smile might look fantastic and proportionate if a crown conceals a misshapen tooth. Crowns can be an option if parts of your teeth have severe stains resistant to whitening and cannot be masked by veneers.
What are the Benefits of Dental Crowns?
Whether you have damaged your smile in an accident or need a root canal to save an infected tooth, a dental crown can offer a range of benefits including:
- Resilient Protection: A crown can shield our natural tooth structure against additional deterioration brought on by trauma or decay.
- A Long-Term Solution: A permanent crown is made of porcelain, which can withstand the pressure created when we bite down.
- Realistic Results: Our dentist, Dr. Salguti, meticulously matches the tint of your new restoration to your smile to ensure your unique crown blends in with your surrounding teeth.
Flower Mound Dental Crowns
Brite Smiles Dentistry is a state-of-the-art dental facility in Flower Mound, TX. Dr. Deepika Salguti is a highly skilled and experienced dentist specializing in dental crowns. Dr. Salguti takes great care in creating natural-looking and durable dental crowns that will last for many years. She uses the latest technology and materials to ensure that her patients receive the best possible care.
She is gentle and caring with her patients and takes the time to explain procedures and answer any questions. Brite Smiles Dentistry offers a wide range of services, including teeth whitening, Invisalign, and dental implants. If you are looking for a new dentist or require dental crowns, Brite Smiles Dentistry in Flower Mound, TX, is the perfect place for you!
We encourage you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Deepika Salguti at Brite Smiles Dentistry if you are considering dental crowns.