Are you unhappy with the appearance of your teeth? Do you have decayed, chipped, or missing teeth that make you self-conscious? If so, you may be a candidate for restorative dentistry in Flower Mound, TX. At Brite Smiles Dentistry, we provide comprehensive restorative dental services to give our patients a healthier, brighter smile.
Restorative dentistry is the branch of dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of oral diseases, damages, and functional issues that affect the teeth and surrounding tissues. Restorative dentistry aims to restore the function, health, and appearance of damaged or missing teeth. The treatments involve several procedures, such as fillings, dental crowns, dental bridges, and dental implants.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Deepika Salguti. We’d be happy to discuss the many benefits of our restorative dentistry and some of our treatments. With her expertise and compassion, Dr. Salguti takes a personalized approach to each patient, listening intently and providing the necessary care and guidance. Dr. Salguti offers a wide range of services to meet your specific needs. So don’t wait any longer – take the first step towards a brand new smile and book your consultation with Dr. Deepika Salguti today.
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
The benefits of restorative dentistry at Brite Smiles Dentistry are numerous. A few of them include:
- Better Oral Health: Restorative dentistry treatments help repair and prevent further damage to teeth, which promotes oral health and hygiene.
- Improved Function: If you have decayed, broken, or missing teeth, restorative dental treatments can enhance chewing, biting, and speaking.
- Aesthetically Pleasing Smile: Fillings, crowns, bridges, and dental implants can achieve a natural-looking smile that boosts your self-esteem and confidence.
Restorative Dental Treatments
At Brite Smiles Dentistry, our skilled team offers a range of restorative dental treatments. Here are some of them:
- Dental Crowns: Crowns are tooth-shaped caps made of porcelain, resin, metal, or ceramics. They cover decaying or broken teeth to restore their shape, function, and aesthetics.
- First, our team will evaluate the damaged tooth and determine which restorative dentistry option is the best solution. For a crown, we’ll prepare the tooth by removing a portion of the enamel and shaping it for the crown. After that, we’ll take an impression or digital scan of the tooth to create a custom-fit crown. You’ll receive a temporary crown while we make your permanent crown. Finally, we will place the permanent crown in your mouth, ensuring it fits correctly and covers the damaged tooth completely. A dental crown can provide a long-lasting solution for damaged teeth with proper care.
- Fillings: Fillings treat cavities, cracks, or fractures in teeth. They are made of composite resin or dental amalgam and fill the spaces left by decayed or damaged teeth. We will clean the tooth and prepare it for the filling by removing any remaining decay and shaping the tooth to fit the material. Once the tooth is ready, we will layer the filling material to ensure it adheres and hardens appropriately. Finally, we will polish the filling to ensure a smooth and seamless finish.
- Dental Bridges: A dental bridge is a prosthetic device that replaces missing teeth. It comprises two or more crowns attached to supporting teeth or implants. Our first step will be to prepare your teeth for the bridge by removing some of the enamel. After we prep the teeth, we will take an impression of your teeth and send it to a dental lab to create the bridge. We may fit you with a temporary bridge to protect your teeth during this time. Finally, the bridge will be secured in place using dental cement. While the process may take a few appointments, the result will be a fully functioning, natural-looking bridge that can improve your oral health and restore your smile.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are replacement tooth roots that support artificial teeth. They are surgically inserted into the jawbone and can last a lifetime with proper care. The first step is an initial consultation with our team, during which we evaluate the patient’s oral health and specific implant needs. Once we develop the plan, we surgically place the implant in the jawbone, allowing it to integrate and fuse with the bone over several months. We then affix a custom abutment to the implant, eventually supporting the final restoration. Finally, we will place a crown or bridge over the abutment, leaving the patient with a natural-looking, fully functional tooth replacement.
Restorative Dentistry in Flower Mound, TX
At Brite Smiles Dentistry, we understand that having damaged teeth can affect your confidence and willingness to smile. We are here to help you achieve a brighter, healthier smile with our restorative dental treatments.
If you need restorative dental care or have any questions about our treatments, please schedule a consultation with our experienced dentist. Remember, healthy teeth are essential for a healthy, happy life!